Tune into our podcast every Tuesday!
We are happy to announce our new podcast: Beauty Bytes
Check out our new YouTube Channel!
Giving you an inside look at our office! We post every Friday at BeautyByDrKay
Benefits of Green Tea:
Green tea is beneficial for not only your skin, but your body as well!
Improves brain function!
Green tea contains caffeine, which is a known stimulant, but green tea also contains the amino acid L-theanine. L-theanine can cross the blood brain barrier allowing it to increase the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA, which is known to have anti-anxiety properties. Caffeine working in conjunction with L-theanine causes a synergistic effect and vastly improves brain function.If you find your brain wandering off during the day or yawning during an important meeting, try incorporating green tea into your daily diet.
Helps with weight loss!
Plenty of weight loss supplements claim to contain green tea and there is a good reason for this! Green tea extract can promote weight loss by boosting your metabolism by 3-4%. Catechins (antioxidants) and caffeine work together to increase levels of the hormone norepinephrine, which the nervous system uses to signal fat cells to break down. Studies have shown that consuming green tea before and after working out can help you increase fat oxidation by 17%. If losing weight is on your agenda try drinking green tea!
Green tea can help prevents diseases like Type II diabetes and heart disease by:
- moderating blood pressure
- normalizing blood sugar levels
- minimizing inflammation
- increases cardiac output (volume of blood pumped by heart every minute)
If you suffer from or are at risk of contracting these disease consider drinking more green tea!
Skin Benefits of Green Tea
Lots of Dr. Kay’s products contain green tea polyphenols, which contain antioxidant properties. Antioxidants help the skin fight against free radicals, soothe irritated skin, and smooth skin. All of Dr.Kay’s products are cruelty free, paraben free, and contain botanicals.
Dr. Kay’s Day Dream is a great product that combines all of the benefits of green tea, such as reducing puffiness, improving skin elasticity, and shrinking pore size, with palmitoyl pentapeptide-4, a more gentle wrinkle reducer. Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 is a great amino acid that helps produce collagen. It is quite similar to Retinol, but is not nearly as harsh on the skin and in conjunction with the soothing properties of green tea helps give your skin the ultimate moisture and anti-aging properties without the irritation!
Are you getting enough greens?
Are you eating enough fruits and vegetables? Half of your plate should be either fruits and vegetables to get the most nutrients out of each meal. The remaining half should be broken up into two quarters: meat/ proteins and whole grains. Eating fruits and vegetables like spinach, broccoli, and grapefruit can help prevent cardiovascular disease and certain kinds of cancers. Fiber found in both food groups is good for your digestive health. Potatoes do not qualify as a vegetable so consider switching out your french fries for cauliflower! Another great way to create a healthier meal is switching out your white rice for brown rice. White rice is a processed carbohydrate that lacks nutritional value, while brown rice is a whole grain that is chockfull of nutrients.
If you struggle with eating enough vegetables try the Green Warrior Protein smoothie! This is one delicious way to get your necessary fiber and daily nutrition. The recipe was found at ohsheglows.com.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup (25 g) destemmed dinosaur/lacinato kale or baby spinach
- 1 large sweet apple (200 g), cored and roughly chopped
- 1 cup (130 g) chopped cucumber
- 1 medium/large stalk celery (85 g), chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons (30 to 40 g) hemp hearts, to taste
- 1/3 cup (55 g) frozen mango
- 2 tablespoons (4 g) packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil (optional)
- 4 ice cubes, or as needed
All cultures have their own good luck charms. Luck can present itself in unique ways. Here are just a few ways to increase your luck!
- Positive Thinking: The reason positive thinking can improve your luckiness is because having a positive mindset will propel you forward and allow you to continue on endeavors even if success isn’t guaranteed.
- Karma: The saying “what comes around, goes around” applies to your luck because spreading goodwill will inherently cause others to do the same and this good cheer may eventually wrap around and come back to you!
- Feng Shui: Maintaing Feng Shui, or the harmony of an individual and their environment, is so important to your luck because if you can’t find that winning lottery ticket in the clutter of your room then the winning ticket is useless! Those who practice a clean environment also tend to have less cluttered minds.
- Be Curious: Although being curious may not seem like a way to improve your luck, it is a way to increase your possibility of opportunities. More opportunities means more options for you!
Thank you for reading! Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, @beautybydrkay